Introduction To English Language
This course develops students’ skills of writing and communicating for business purposes. Activities center on planning, organizing, composing, and revising business messages with emphasis on clear and concise communications. This course is designed to expose students to the fundamentals of academic and professional communication in order to develop professionals who can effectively apply communication theories and best practices to meet their academic and corporate communication needs. It is an exposure to English usage. It seeks to work as a remedy and to enhance the usage of language in one’s daily life.
It seeks to enrich the student’s communication skills, to booster the student’s confidence when using the English language. It also seeks to work as a base for one’s professional dealings. It cuts across all faculties and Schools.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Describe the basic skills of the English language
- Apply communication theory to the analysis of contemporary business challenges
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of business communication practices in business situations.
- Analyze and evaluate the communication skills needed to communicate effectively in a wide range of business contexts.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally.
- Acquire positive attitude to the acquisition and use of appropriate spoken and written forms, patterns and styles for specific situations.