Introduction To Computer Fundamentals
The purpose of the course is to enable students learn the basic skills of using a computer as a central tool for pursuing their studies. It provides a general introduction to the broad aspects of computer systems, how it works, a brief history of the computers and the basic components of a computer. In addition, students will be grounded in the proper use of the Internet for research.
To impart skills in use of information systems in various settings, the challenges related to use as well as benefits
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of the course unit, students should be able to:
- Discuss the various parts of a computer systems and what each does.
- Explain the various Operating Systems
- Discover the major software applications and what they do.
- Describe what capabilities Internet has, what a browser does, and be able to perform basic navigation over the worldwide web.
- Perform basic email tasks such as sending, receiving and managing electronic mail.
- Be familiar with features common to Windows software.
- Display a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Use computers in the business workplace and other fields
- Explain the Open source software and have a working knowledge of Linux and Open Office.