The course examines the factors and circumstances that influence the flow and impact of messages, information and understanding among individuals, groups and organizations. It highlights the nature, dynamics and the process of communication in the field of business. It involves the practical steps to become effective in communicating. The course teaches the basics of good writing and communication skills. Students learn how to write grammatically correct reports and focus on the interactive processes of transmitting and/or exchanging messages, information and/or understanding within individuals, groups, and organizations.
- The course will equip students with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Examine the art and science of written and verbal communication.
- Understand the conceptual framework of communication
- Explain the importance of effective communication.
- Acquire practical communication skills.
- Communicate effectively