Personal Finance Management
This course of personal finance is designed to provide students with a foundation in personal finance management and it assumes no prior knowledge of finance. Accordingly, the course will begin with a general overview of financial planning and then go into depth on topics including cash management, insurance basics, investments in stocks and bonds, tax planning as well as retirement planning. It further helps students gain an understanding of financial management skills and principles necessary to support themselves and families, financially.
The course aims at ensuring that the students develop an appreciation for financial planning, both in the short and long-term, including making informed decisions about personal budgeting, use of credit, insurance, taxation, investment alternatives, and other important considerations.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course students should be able to:
- Establish and develop personal financial goals.
- Apply business/math concepts to evaluate personal finance issues
- Explain primary areas of personal finance
- Analyze an individual’s financial situation
- Analyze and recommend investment and retirement strategies
- Create a system for storing and maintaining personal financial records.
- Make informed personal financial decisions.