Introduction To Print Media
The course introduces the vehicles that carry mass messages i.e. Print and electronic media. It brings out the structural difference and similarities both types of media as well as the technological landmarks that have redefined print and electronic media as we have it today. It helps students to appreciate the history of print and electronic media and the principles and trends that have revolutionaries these media replete with challenges (local, regional or international).
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course unit students should be able to;
- Explain the importance of mass media specifically print media.
- Describe the seemingly different historicities in print media and their influence over time.
- Differentiate the various mass media models and how they fit in within the print media industry.
- Discuss the trends that have redefined print media and relate them to the future of print media
- Analyze the media business model and its implications for the operations of the media in the new century