Introduction To Broadcasting
The course focuses on basic skills and techniques of broadcast media. It examines the nature of sound and vision, particularly those used in the electronic media. It also introduces students to the basic characteristics of electronic media, the use of different broadcasting equipment and introductory writing for broadcast media
The course equips students with broadcasting proceedings in the studio and how to use the equipment. It permeates worth production for the best appreciation of the respective audience(s).
At the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Know the functions of broadcasting.
- Use the studio equipment appropriately.
- Be audible with suitable voice projection.
- Write for the broadcasting media.
At the completion of the course students should be able to;
- Describe the history of electronic media
- Identify the most recent trend taken by the electronic media
- Explain the different technical aspects utilized in production of messages in electronic media
Acquire practical knowledge on writing for broadcasting.