Newspaper And Magazine Production
The course introduces the realms of newspaper and magazine production. It offers students opportunity to practice designing of a newspaper or magazine, and is a core subject for those intending to specialize in print media.
This course trains practical skills of newspaper and magazine design that are mandatory for print media specialists
At the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Define the terms and concepts applied in newspaper/magazine production
- Apply the various editing symbols used in editorial work
- Examine the relevance of word usage in newspaper/magazine production
- Effectively design a sample of a magazine or newspaper.
At the completion of the course students should be able to:
- Design newspaper and magazine layouts suitable to targeted audiences with cultural sensitivity
- Solve communication barriers with proven practices as design solutions
- Write headlines, decks, captions, and texts with proper grammar and style, using design vocabulary to critique and describe the work
- Use In Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator to designs newspapers and magazine