This course provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge in Television production, by imparting knowledge and skill to produce television news and programs beneficial to society. It enables one process and present information to the audience, through skills exposition and attitudinal change with value addition in presentation.
The course trains learners on hands-on-experience in television broadcast. It provides room to search for news and present it amicably.
At the end of the course, students should be able to;
- Gather news from various sources using appropriate methods and techniques
- Process and present information to audiences
- Develop skills, attitudes and values in presenting TV programs
- Empower themselves so as to set up small personal businesses.
At the completion of the course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate storytelling and reporting skills writing, short form documentary, or commercial television production
- Demonstrate vocational skills acquired to function successfully as a member of a broadcast television or film production team
- Arrange and combine video sequences into a time-line making stories, music, video, or episodic television program
- Analyze and operate the various lighting techniques in studio and on-location lighting instruments, with specific lighting designs