KIU, Western Campus – KIU School of Pharmacy is participating in the 3rd Uganda Pharmaceutical Symposium, which is being held at the Yusuf Lule Teaching Facility auditorium at Makerere University from March 16 to 18.
It is being held under the theme “The Multi-Disciplinary Action in the Fight Against Antimicrobial Resistance in the Post-COVID Era”
The Uganda Pharmaceutical Symposium (UPS) is an annual scientific event aimed at empowering pharmacy and other health science students in research and suggesting possible innovative solutions as per a particular theme in the pharmaceutical sector.
This event will attract pharmacy and other health science students and recent health graduates, professionals and policymakers from Uganda and East Africa.
The main objective of this symposium is to raise awareness about the silent AMR pandemic highlighting the contributions that various sectors and students can make.
The symposium is also geared towards the following specific objectives.
- To provide a platform for students to present their AMR related research work and other innovative ideas to their peers and other health professionals.
- To provide a platform for pharmaceutical companies and health service providers to interact with prescribers and prospective clients.
- To raise awareness and promote AMR stewardship among health science students in this multidisciplinary action.
- To share knowledge and experiences in addressing different challenges in tackling AMR.
- To provide a forum that the students can use to network and make acquaintance with colleagues in other participating institutions within the country and from other parts of the world.
- To bridge the gap between pharmacy students, recent graduates and practicing pharmacists.