Kampala International University (KIU) is the leading Private University in Uganda, second best in the East African region. The University has one of the most successful Quality Assurance systems and structures any University has in Uganda and the East African region. The Directorate is well staffed and very effective in ensuring and assuring quality in teaching, research, and outreach activities and across all University functions. KIU is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, competent and professional individual to fill the position of Director Quality Assurance.
The Director will perform the following among other functions as determined by the University authority:
- Ensure that all university activities and processes are conducted as per protocol and related standard operating procedures.
- Evaluate and respond in real time to quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints as they arise from the different University stakeholders including but not limited to students, staff, guardians, partners, government and other agencies.
- Ensure full compliance of all related quality assurance benchmarks and minimum standards as determined by the National Council for Higher Education and all professional regulatory agencies and bodies, at local, national, regional and International levels.
- Develop and maintain systems, tools and techniques to measure performance against established standards in each unit of the university.
- Enforce standards by working through the supervising officers within the system.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of agreed upon standards and provide timely feedback in form of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Vice Chancellor and the respective heads of units.
- Propose innovations for continuous improvement in the quality of services delivered by KIU.
- Ensure adequate preparation for visits by external regulatory bodies.
- Plan and manage activities of the QAM unit in accordance with agreed timeframes.
- Guide academic and administrative units to set targets and appraise their performance in accordance with KIU standards. i) Solicit for internal and external stake holders’ feedback on KIU services as a basis for advising implementing units.
- Establish and document internal quality assurance and quality control processes/procedures
Prerequisite Qualifications, skills and experience. The suitable candidate must:
- Be a PhD holder with qualifications from recognized institutions of her learning preferably in science and technology disciplines.
- Have a 2-year minimum working experience in a similar or related position in a recognized teaching and/or research educational institution or reputable organization or institution.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be a highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven individual.
- Have capacity to work with minimum supervision and highly effective and efficient in terms of supervising the Directorate.
- Possess capacity and ability to train and mentor staff in the directorate and across the University in quality assurance minimum standards.
- Have ability to work under pressure, with diverse teams and on demand time delivery of results
Female applicants are highly preferred although males are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates can apply by submitting updated cvs, copies of academic documents, and a personal statement justifying why they are the choice for the position. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com